You are required to have a current rabies certificate for all dogs with you when attending a Rhode Island AKC sponsored event. All animals should appear to be in good health and may be subject to examination by a local veterinarian. We have been told that a Certified Veterinary Certificate will not be required for these events.
Our 2018 event on Saturday, May 12 and Sunday, May 13 was a great success.
Thanks to everyone who participated and a special thank you to Susan Porier who chaired the event. We all had a great time running our dogs and things went very smoothly due to all of the volunteers who pitched in. We currently don’t have another agility event scheduled, but we plan to run this event next year in May.
Judges Education Seminar
The Providence County Kennel Club in conjunction with the Greater Lowell Kennel Club will hold a Judges Education Seminar at the All Breed Show Cluster beginning on July 27, 2018 described below. We will present judging education on Papillons, Pomeranians, Pointers, Weimeraners, Norwegian Elkhounds, Samoyeds, and Bernese Mountain Dogs. You do not have to be a current licensed judge to attend these seminars. Only 25 people will be admitted to each seminar. Our brochure has the full details of this program including local hotels. On-line registration for this event is available here.
Summer Fun New England Cluster
All Breed Show Mini-Cluster, AKC Sanctioned
This year the Providence County Kennel Club will participate in a 3 show all-breed conformation cluster with the Greater Lowell Kennel Club. The shows will take place Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, July 27, 28 & 29 at the University of Rhode Island Ryan Center. The shows’ superintendent will be MB-F Inc. The premium list is available here. Entries and additional information are available for the Friday show, Saturday show and Sunday show through Infodog.
Entries close on Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at noon. The entry fee for conformation is $35.00, Junior Showmanship is free if entered in another class or $20.00 and for beginner puppies the fee is $10.00. Full price details are in the premium.
New for 2018
- Three separate conformation show cluster
- Beginner Puppy Competition on Friday
- Jr. Showmanship Competition all three days
- One outdoor show ring
- We still have indoor air conditioned rings
- Four Breed specialties and eight supported entries
- Obedience and Rally on Saturday
- Vendors inside the arena
- VIP parking for only $10 and $5 general admission parking
The shows’ location is:
The Ryan Center
University of Rhode Island
One Lincoln Almond Plaza
Kingston, RI 02881
These shows are part of the AKC National Owner-Handler Series. The event chair for the Friday show is Sandra A. Walker and for Saturday and Sunday it is Dr. William F. Varr. The Friday show judging panel, Saturday show judging panel and the Sunday show judging panel are available on the Infodog site.
Obedience and Rally events will be held in conjunction with the All Breed Show on July 28, 2018 at the URI Ryan center. Obedience will be held in the morning with Tibby Chase and James Ashton judging. Rally will be held after noon with Lynn DePrizio judging. Details for these shows are in the premium.
Handling classes are held in conjunction with the Providence County Kennel Club and the Owner Handler Association of America at Delmyra Kennels, 191 Ten Rod Road, Exeter, RI 02822-0074. Classes are held every Wednesday evening at 7:00 to 8:00, Our instructor is Richard E. Grant, Presient of the Owner Handler Association. Classes are on a drop-in basis and the fee is 10.00 per class with a $5.00 discount for members of Providence County Kennel Club or Owner Handler Association of America. Call Delmyra Kennels at 401-294-3247 for more information.
Events from Outside
The Providence County Kennel Club will post information about events sponsored by other groups that meet the goals of PCKC and are held in or near Rhode Island. Please contact email@example.com with details of your event to have it added here.
The Providence County Kennel Club encourages everyone to give their pet proper medical care and follow all laws and regulations regarding vaccinations. The following list is provided to assist those who do not have a local veterinarian or who have a financial hardship. These are well health clinics only. Be sure to bring your previous rabies certificate to the clinic if you have one.
To find Rabies Clinics run by the Rhode Island Veterinary Medical Association, see the RIVMA web site. They are scheduled for dates in the spring, so check back for dates in 2019. The cost varies between $10 and $12 for the rabies vaccination and payment must be made in cash.
The Rhode Island SPCA runs an Almost-Free Rabies Clinic each year in the fall and in 2018 the date will be Saturday, October 20th from 10am to 2pm. See the RISPCA web site for details. The “cost” of the vaccine is 5 cans or boxes of unexpired non-perishable food that will be donated to a local food bank.
Vetco provides affordable pet vaccinations at Petco locations in Providence, Cranston, Warwick, North Kingstown and Middletown. For locations and dates and times see the Vetco clinics web site. Their price for vaccinations is found on the Vetco web site.
VIP Petcare runs affordable pet vaccine clinics in conjunction with local Tractor Supply and pet stores. These clinics provide $19 rabies vaccinations and $19 microchip id with free lifetime registration through Found Animals Foundation. They also provide other vaccinations and tests. To see the full list of their services and to find a clinic near you, see the VIP Petcare web site. Some of the upcoming Rhode Island clinics are:
Tractor Supply – 6625 Post Rd. North Kingstown, RI 02852
- Saturday July 07, 2018 from 9:30am until 11:00am
- Saturday August 04, 2018 from 9:30am until 11:00am
- Saturday September 01, 2018 from 9:30am until 11:00am
- Saturday September 29, 2018 from 9:30am until 11:00am
Tractor Supply – 1175 Tiogue Ave. Coventry, RI 02816
- Saturday June 23, 2018 from 1:00pm until 2:30pm
- Saturday July 07, 2018 from 1:00pm until 2:30pm
- Saturday July 21, 2018 from 1:00pm until 2:30pm
- Saturday August 04, 2018 from 1:00pm until 2:30pm
- Saturday August 18, 2018 from 1:00pm until 2:30pm
- Saturday September 01, 2018 from 1:00pm until 2:30pm
Pet Supplies Plus – 91 Point Judith Rd. Narragansett, RI 02882
- Sunday July 08, 2018 from 4:00pm until 5:30pm
- Sunday July 22, 2018 from 4:00pm until 5:30pm
- Sunday August 05, 2018 from 4:00pm until 5:30pm
- Sunday August 19, 2018 from 4:00pm until 5:30pm
- Sunday September 02, 2018 from 4:00pm until 5:30pm
Pet Supplies Plus – 171 Sockanosset Crossroad Cranston, RI 02920
- Sunday July 08, 2018 from 1:00pm until 2:30pm
- Sunday July 22, 2018 from 1:00pm until 2:30pm
- Sunday August 05, 2018 from 1:00pm until 2:30pm
- Sunday August 19, 2018 from 1:00pm until 2:30pm
- Sunday September 02, 2018 from 1:00pm until 2:30pm
Tractor Supply – 2750 Hartford Ave. Johnston, RI 02919
- Saturday July 07, 2018 from 4:00pm until 5:30pm
- Saturday July 21, 2018 from 4:00pm until 5:30pm
- Saturday August 04, 2018 from 4:00pm until 5:30pm
- Saturday August 18, 2018 from 4:00pm until 5:30pm
- Saturday September 01, 2018 from 4:00pm until 5:30p
Pet Supplies Plus – 1633 Mineral Spring Ave. North Providence, RI 02904
- Sunday July 08, 2018 from 10:00am until 11:30am
- Sunday July 22, 2018 from 10:00am until 11:30am
- Sunday August 05, 2018 from 10:00am until 11:30am
- Sunday August 19, 2018 from 10:00am until 11:30am
- Sunday September 02, 2018 from 10:00am until 11:30am
Pet Valu – 2000 Mendon Rd, Cumberland, RI 02864
- Saturday July 21, 2018 from 9:30am until 11:00am
- Saturday August 18, 2018 from 9:30am until 11:00am
- Saturday September 15, 2018 from 9:30am until 11:00am
- Saturday October 13, 2018 from 9:30am until 11:00am