We visited Anchor Bay at East Providence on March 30, 2022. As usual, John Fitzgerald led the presentation introducing the Providence County Kennel Club to the crowd and explaining a bit about why we were there and what a kennel club is all about. He then told some stories about how dogs enrich our lives and introduced his breed, the Irish Wolfhound. He gave its history and why it was bred.
After John, each of the other members introduced their breed to the crowd and explained a bit about the breeds history and purpose. Once all of them were introduced, John spoke a bit more before we mingled with the guests with our dogs and everyone got a chance to interact with the dogs.
Our participants were:
- John Fitzgerald and his Irish Wolfhound
- Grace & Mike Wilkinson and their English Cocker Spaniels
- Dodi & Walter Horowitz and their Golden Retrievers
- Jan Mathews and her Irish Setters assisted by Donna Gilmore
- Julie Kenney and her Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Click on a picture to see the full picture in a bigger window.
As usual, no visit would be complete without John talking to the group about his favorite dog book.